Vanya: A New Version of Checkov's "Uncle Vanya"
A new adaptation of Chekhov's intimate, searing, sad -- and often very funny -- examination of relationships, love, and life Vanya bristles with humanity in all of its messy beauty, staring an outstanding cast of Milwaukee's finest performers.
In this modern version, the discontented Vanya spends his time idling around the country estate of his brother-in-law, the Professor. His sister (the professor's wife) dead, Vanya indulges in a romantic malaise over the Professor's beautiful young second wife, Elena. Doctor Astrov, summoned to tend to the Professor's myriad imagined aches and pains, also falls for Elena; and the good doctor remains oblivious to the fact that the Professor's daughter from his first marriage, the hard-working Sonya, yearns for him. Vanya explores the disruption and discontent of a small group of intimately intertwined people, exploring and exposing their hopes, dreams, and desires.
General admission is $25.
Doors open half an hour before showtime.
To Purchase Tickets Below:
- Select your preferred show date/time and quantity of tickets below.
- Select "Add to Cart."
- To complete your purchase, click on your "Cart" in the upper right corner of the page. It will display the number of tickets you're ordering.
- A tab will open. Select "Checkout" to proceed.
- Add your payment information to complete your ticket purchase.
- You will receive an email confirmation after your purchase - no physical tickets will be mailed to you at this time.
- Please bring the email confirmation with you to show at the box office -- either printed or on a device.